The Champlain Regional Stroke program has a wide variety of stroke programs to offer this year. Programs fill up quickly so please ensure that you register ASAP once registration is open. There is NO COST to attend the stroke programs unless otherwise indicated in the brochure as they are funded by the MOHLTC through the Ontario Stroke System. Registration is required for all programs as seating limited.
Here are a list of programs that are coming up soon:
Tips and Tools for Everyday Living
- Recognize and react to stroke
- Cognition, perception and behavioural issues
- Feeding and swallowing
- Transfers, mobility and Seating
- Stroke and Depression
Other Education Opportunities within the Champlain Region
Other Education Opportunities Outside the Champlain Region
Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 12:00pm - 1:00pm Eastern Time Speaker: Marilyn MacKay-Lyons, PhD
Please note that the above teleconference is a presentation of (and organized by) the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, and require pre-registration with a fee in order to attend.
Please go directly through the CPA if you wish to attend this session.
Ongoing Best Practice Updates for Stroke
- Best Practice Recommendations for Stroke Care organized by Ontario Regional Education Group Series 2013-14 and presented by OTN videoconference provincially from 12-1:00 on the dates listed in the table below.
- PLEASE NOTE: Dates are tentative and the final information will be known closer to the presentation date. Codes will be added to the form when they are available from OTN.
|DATE||TITLE / TOPIC|
|Thursday, February 28, 2013||Prevention of Stroke Anticipated Release: October 2012|
Hyperacute & Acute Stroke Management (Part 1) Anticipated Release: January 2012
|Hyperacute & Acute Stroke Management (Part 2) Anticipated Release: January 2012|
|Mood & Cognition Anticipated Release: December 2012|
|Stroke Rehabilitation Anticipated Release: March 2013|
|Public Awareness Anticipated Release: June 2013|
|Managing Stroke Care Transitions Anticipated Release: September 2013|
Telestroke Anticipated Release: December 2013